Academic Upgrading (UPGR)
Prepare for college programs. Increase your earning power. Get that job you have always wanted…through Cambrian College’s Academic Upgrading program!
Do you want to:
- Upgrade math, English, science, or computer skills?
- Prepare for a postsecondary program or an apprenticeship?
- Improve your job opportunities and employment skills?
- Go back to school in an adult environment?
- Be independent?
- Obtain your high school equivalency certificate (ACE)?
Your future starts with us. The Academic and Career Entrance Certificate that you can obtain through Cambrian's Academic Upgrading program is a Grade 12 equivalency that is:
- Recognized as an equivalent to an OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) by all Ontario community colleges
- Accepted by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development as a grade 12 equivalency for Apprenticeships
- Accepted by a growing number of employers as a grade 12 equivalency
Individual timetables and courses of study are developed to accommodate your training needs and personal schedules.
The program has a continuous intake that runs 12 months a year. Day and evening classes are available.
You will have an opportunity to develop productive study habits, to practice speaking more effectively, and to learn employability skills like critical thinking, team building, and problem-solving skills that employers are looking for.
This program is available at the following locations:
1400 Barrydowne Road (Sudbury) – (705) 566-8101, extension 7712
91 Thudhope Street, Suite 101 (Espanola) – (705) 869-4113
7 Water Street (Little Current) – (705) 368-3496
- Resident of Ontario
Eligible to work in Ontario
19 years of age or older (18 years of age - interview required)
- You can apply by:
- attending an information session, held every Tuesday from 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. in room 2253 at the College's Barrydowne campus or
- by clicking HERE to complete our application form.
- Funding for childcare and transportation is available to those who qualify.
- For any questions, please call (705) 566-8101, extension 7712 or email email@example.com
*Please note that applications for this program do not go through ontariocolleges.ca.
This program has a continuous intake that runs 12 months a year and offers classes in the day and evening. Individual timetables and courses of study are developed to accommodate your training needs and personal schedules.
|ACE 0303||ACE Core Math-General||120|
|ACE 0304||ACE Core Math - Advanced||180|
|ACE 0400||ACE Communications||105|
|ACE 0401||ACE Computers||75|
|ACE 0402||ACE Self Management/Self Direction||60|
|ACE 0404||ACE Technology Math||165|
|ACE 0405||ACE Chemistry||180|
|ACE 0406||ACE Biology||120|
|ACE 0407||ACE Business Math||75|
|ACE 0408||ACE Chemistry||120|
Tuition and Ancillary Fees
- Academic Upgrading is FREE!
Financial support is available for childcare and transportation to those who qualify.
Please note: Cambrian College strives to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website. Please note that the academic curriculum is continually reviewed and revised to ensure that Cambrian's programs and courses remain relevant. The College reserves the right to cancel or make changes to any course or program, fee, procedure, or campus location at any time.