Level up your career from a frontline ECE worker to a supervisory position
Get ready to advance your career and increase your earning potential by training for childcare management roles. Courses in marketing, leadership, staff development, financial planning, and curriculum design can be taken fully online, giving you the flexibility to complete the program while you continue to work in the field.
If you’ve already received your ECE diploma, you can jump into a professional specialization with all the hands-on and theoretical training you need, including a 6-week placement which can be completed at your workplace.
- Delivered fully online, allowing you to complete coursework on your own schedule
- Full-time and part-time study options
- Learn while you earn
- Develops key skills needed for those that wish to make the jump from a front-line Registered ECE position to a supervisory position, including a focus on Marketing, Leadership and Staff Development
- 6-week placement in semester 2
Program of study for 2024-25 Academic Year
|Communication Strategies - Early Childhood Education
|Curriculum Design and Implementation
|Advocacy & Prof. In ECE
|Management Leadership Skills and Staff Development
|Marketing Early Childhood Education
|Computer Application and Financial Planning in ECE
|ECE Administration Field Practicum
Applicants must be graduates of a diploma, advanced diploma, apprenticeship, or degree program in Early Childhood Education from an Ontario College or equivalent.
Applicant must possess five years of work experience in a related field (or combination of education and work experience) as judged by the College to be equivalent. Applicants must submit a resume detailing their related experience and a cover letter outlining their competencies and preparedness for the program (any and all post-secondary transcripts must still be submitted).
It is advised that students have one year post graduation work experience, though students can begin directly upon graduation from an ECE Diploma.
Specific program pathways
College or university degree opportunities
If you are a graduate of this program, you may continue your studies at a college or university and you may receive credit(s) for your prior college education. Refer to Cambrian's college and university agreement details for further information.
Graduates are prepared for administrative employment opportunities in/as:
- Early Learning and Child Care Centres
- EarlyON Child and Family Centres
- Agencies that provide services to young children and their families
- Agencies that support inclusive practices
- Centres for Newcomer Children
- Nursery Schools/Parent Co-operative Centres
Please note: Cambrian College strives to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website. Please note that the academic curriculum is continually reviewed and revised to ensure that Cambrian's programs and courses remain relevant. The College reserves the right to cancel or make changes to any course or program, fee, procedure, or campus location at any time.