Ontario College Graduate Certificate | 3 semesters | Barrydowne Campus
The Addictions and Mental Health Graduate Certificate program will empower students with the knowledge and skills needed for a rewarding career. Learn to deliver responsive, culturally relevant, client-centred assessment and treatment to diverse individuals and groups and practice ways to effectively collaborate and transform lives as a valuable part of a professional support team.
- 3 semesters
- Third semester consists of a six-week placement experience followed by a debriefing period.
- As a graduate, you will have completed the required formal education hours for voluntary certification with Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (CACCF). For details about additional requirements and the process for applying for certification, visit caccf.ca/certifications
Students who meet the requirements, will have the opportunity to complete Placement.
Required documentation for Placement includes:
- Criminal Records Check - Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Health documentation (up-to-date immunization, Two-Step TB test, freedom for communicable disease)
- First Aid and CPR
- Co-op permits for placement for non-permanent residents
- Students will be responsible for any expenses incurred related to placement, such as consultations with Paramed, co-op permits for non-permanent residents, transportation, meals and accommodations.
- Agencies and schools may require students to have additional medical and non-medical documentation prior to accepting placements.
- Valid G license is recommended for employment in the Addictions and Mental Health Sector.
Applicants must be graduates of a diploma, advanced diploma, or degree program from an Ontario College or equivalent.
Applicant must possess five years of work experience in a related field (or combination of education and work experience) as judged by the College to be equivalent. Applicants must submit a resume detailing their related experience and a cover letter outlining their competencies and preparedness for the program (any and all post-secondary transcripts must still be submitted).
This program will be delivered in the following terms:
Fall Term Start
- SEMESTER 1 Fall 2023
- SEMESTER 2 Winter 2024
- SEMESTER 3 Spring 2024
Winter Term Start
- SEMESTER 1 Winter 2024
- SEMESTER 2 Spring 2024
- SEMESTER 3 Fall 2024
For specific term start/end dates and other key dates/deadlines, please see the Academic Schedule on our website.
Program of Study for 2023-24 Academic Year
|PSY 1003||Concurrent Disorders, Mental Health & Addictions||3|
|ADC 1001||Case Management in Professional Practice||3|
|ADC 1100||Foundations of Therapeutic Counselling||3|
|ADC 1105||Community Integration: Addictions and Mental Health||3|
|SSC 1201||Diversity-Informed Practices||3|
|ADC 1250||Impulse Control Disorders and Behavioral Addictions||3|
|LDS 1010||Concurrent Disorders and Mental Health II||3|
|HEA 1061||Wellness Coaching||3|
|LDS 1100||Trauma Informed Practices||3|
|LDS 1500||Cognitive-Behavioral Strategies in Practice||3|
|ADC 1350||Addictions and Mental Health: Youth and Older Adults||3|
|ADC 1401||Field Placement Seminar||2|
|ADC 1412||Field Placement||5|
Tuition and Ancillary Fees
Please see our fees page for the breakdown of tuition and mandatory ancillary fees by program and semester for both domestic and international students.
Books & Supplies
The cost of books and supplies is approximately $500. This is the best information available at the time of publishing to the website and is subject to change.
Graduates of this one-year graduate certificate program will be positioned to pursue careers as caseworkers or support professionals in the mental health, addictions and social and health science industries.
College/University Degree Opportunities
Graduates from this program may continue their studies at college/university and may receive credit for their prior College education.
Refer to College/University Agreements for further information.
Please note: Cambrian College strives to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website. Please note that the academic curriculum is continually reviewed and revised to ensure that Cambrian's programs and courses remain relevant. The College reserves the right to cancel or make changes to any course or program, fee, procedure, or campus location at any time.