Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) (MRIP)
Ontario College Graduate Certificate |
2 semesters | Barrydowne | Limited Enrolment
If you have the natural ability to put people at ease and can maintain a high level of accuracy, organization, and patience during stressful situations in a fast-paced environment, a career as a Medical Resonance Imaging Technologist could be for you. In just eight months, Cambrian's program will provide you with the technical skills needed to excel in this field while exposing you to the day-to-day demands of this profession through a clinical placement in a hospital.
Cambrian's program is accredited by the Canadian Medical Association and prepares you for the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologist's entry-to-practice certification exam in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- 1 year – 2 semesters
- Placement in semester two in an accredited hospital in Ontario
- One of only two colleges in Ontario that offer this program
- The only full time program in Ontario
- Grads are eligible to write the national certification exam set by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
A clinical placement is a requirement for completion of this certificate. The clinical semester will be delivered at an approved clinical partner of Cambrian College. Information on placement sites will be available at the time of acceptance.
Cambrian's program is accredited by the Canadian Medical Association.
- Graduation from a Canadian Medical Association accredited and relevant diploma or degree program. Preference will be given to graduates of Medical Radiation Imaging Sciences – Radiologic Technology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, and Diagnostic Ultrasonography programs. Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Kinesiology, Biomedical Biology and Biomedical Physics degree programs may also be considered.
- Completion of the MRI Application Screening Form
- Immunization as required by the Ontario Hospitals Act.
This program will be delivered in the following terms:
Fall Term Start
For specific term start/end dates and other key dates/deadlines, please see the 2017-18 Academic Schedule which will be posted on our website in early 2017.
Program of Study
|MRI 1001||Head/Neck/Spinal Column||3|
|MRI 1002||MRI Techniques Clinical Applications||4|
|MRI 1004||Physical Properties/Principles MRI||4|
|MRI 1005||MRI Procedures||4|
|MRI 1006||MRI Pathology||3|
|MRI 1009||MRI Patient Care and Safety||4|
|MRI 1010||MRI Clinical Preparedness||2|
|MRI 1007||Comprehensive Review||3|
|MRI 1205||Clinical Practicum||30|
Tuition and Ancillary Fees
Please see our fees page for the breakdown of tuition and mandatory ancillary fees by program and semester for both domestic and international students.
Books & Supplies
The cost of books and supplies for Year 1 for the 2016-2017 Academic year is approximately $1,000. This is the best information available at the time of publishing to the website and is subject to change.
Graduates may find employment in:
University Degree Opportunities
Graduates from this program may continue their studies at university and may receive credit for their prior College education.
Refer to College/University Agreements for further information.
Please note: Cambrian College strives to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website. Please note that the academic curriculum is continually reviewed and revised to ensure that Cambrian's programs and courses remain relevant. The College reserves the right to cancel or make changes to any course or program, fee, procedure, or campus location at any time.