Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) (MRIP)
Ontario College Graduate Certificate | 2 semesters | Barrydowne | Capped Enrolment
If you have the natural ability to put people at ease and can maintain a high level of accuracy, organization, and patience during stressful situations in a fast-paced environment, a career as a Medical Resonance Imaging Technologist could be for you. In just eight months, Cambrian's program will provide you with the technical skills needed to excel in this field while exposing you to the day-to-day demands of this profession through a clinical placement in a hospital.
Cambrian's program is accredited by the Canadian Medical Association and prepares you for the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologist's entry-to-practice certification exam in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- 1 year – 2 semesters
- Placement in semester two in an accredited hospital in Ontario
- One of only two colleges in Ontario that offer this program
- Grads are eligible to write the national certification exam set by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
A 15-week clinical placement is a requirement for completion of this certificate. The clinical semester will be delivered at an approved clinical partner of Cambrian College. Information on placement sites will be available at the time of acceptance.
Cambrian's program is accredited by the Canadian Medical Association.
- Graduation from a Canadian Medical Association accredited and relevant diploma or degree program. Preference will be given to graduates of Medical Radiation Imaging Sciences – Radiologic Technology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, and Diagnostic Ultrasonography programs. Kinesiology, Biomedical Biology and Biomedical Physics degree programs may also be considered.
- Completion of the MRI Application Screening Form
- Immunization as required by the Ontario Hospitals Act.
Semester 1 - Fall 2016
Semester 2 - Winter 2017
Program of Study
|MRI 1001||Head/Neck/Spinal Column||3|
|MRI 1002||MRI Techniques Clinical Applications||4|
|MRI 1004||Physical Properties/Principles MRI||4|
|MRI 1005||MRI Procedures||4|
|MRI 1006||MRI Pathology||3|
|MRI 1009||MRI Patient Care and Safety||4|
|MRI 1007||Comprehensive Review||3|
|MRI 1205||Clinical Practicum||30|
Tuition Fee (Canadian Students)
The tuition fee for the 2015-2016 academic year is $8,182.36. Next year's tuition fees will be available May 1, 2016.
Books & Supplies
The estimated cost of books and supplies for 2015-2016 is approximately $1,000. This is the best information available at the time of publishing to the website and is subject to change.
Graduates may find employment in:
University Degree Opportunities
Graduates from this program may continue their studies at university and may receive credit for their prior College education.
Refer to College/University Agreements for further information.
Please note: Cambrian College strives to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website. Please note that the academic curriculum is continually reviewed and revised to ensure that Cambrian's programs and courses remain relevant. The College reserves the right to cancel or make changes to any course or program, fee, procedure, or campus location at any time.